Because employee recruitment takes a great deal of time and energy, many businesses find that they simply aren’t able to take the necessary time to do it well. That is why they turn to recruitment agencies who have the ability to fill their specific needs in a timely manner. However, before your business signs on with a recruitment agency, you should be sure that they meet all of the following essential requirements:
- Industry Specific Expertise – Make certain that your chosen agency has a solid understanding of your business and the industry in which you operate. Without insight, the agency would struggle to find suitable candidates.
- Wide Reaching – You want an agency that can cast a wide net. The most successful agencies are able to dig deep to find the best candidates for your needs.
- Thorough Screening Process – The recruitment agency should do most of the work for you. The best agencies will spend a great deal of time pre-screening candidates and will only send you those who appropriately meet your requirements.
- Guarantee Results – It is important that your agency be confident in their ability to deliver results. You don’t want an agency who says that they will “try” to fill your need. You want an agency who promises that they will.
- High Retention – Be sure to ask for an agencies employee retention statistics. Agencies must be able to do more than just fill positions for their clients. They must be able to fill them with the right candidates who will stay in these positions.
- Follow Up – An agency’s service shouldn’t end once a position is filled. You want an agency who will regularly and actively follow up with your business to ensure that your needs have been met and that the candidate has successfully transitioned into your company.
Finding the right fit in a recruitment agency takes time, but the end result is well worth the effort. In the long run, the right recruiting agency could be one of your team's biggest assets.