It’s always good practice to show your employees just how much you value their hard work and overall contribution. A great way to make them feel appreciated and important is to simply give them praise for a job well done. But, we understand that coming up with new ways to recognize exceptional employee practices can be a bit of a challenge. That’s why we’ve come up with some ideas to help you show employee appreciation in new, creative and personal ways.
Here’s what you can do:
- Call a ‘Thank You’ Meeting – Don’t underestimate the value of a simple ‘thank you.’ Call an employee into your office, and let them know how much you appreciate their contribution.
- Write a Hand-Written Note – There’s nothing like the personal sincerity of a hand-written thank you note.
- Recognize an Employee in Front of Their Peers – Whether it’s during a team meeting or in a company-wide newsletter, take a moment to recognize specific achievements of an individual in front of their peers.
- Award Impromptu Time Off – Be spontaneous, and show an employee some appreciation by letting them go home early or come in late one day.
- Give Work-From-Home Days – If you want to reward an employee with a little something extra, let them work from home one day. This is especially gratifying if you know that an employee has a special occasion coming up, like a birthday or anniversary.
- Hold a Meeting in a Coffee Shop – Show your appreciation by taking an employee out for a coffee break. You can discuss what a great job they’re doing without the pressures of strict office protocol, opting for a more relaxed and causal meeting.
No matter how you decide to reward your employees, it all really comes down to simply making them feel appreciated through a sincere gesture.